The Collaborative REAnalysis Technical Environment (CREATE) collects all available reanalysis data into one centralized location on NASA’s NCCS Advanced Data Analytics Platform (ADAPT), standardizing data formats, providing analytic capabilities, visualization analysis capabilities, and overall improved access to multiple reanalysis datasets.
The primary components of CREATE are:
1) Data – CREATE-IP (Intercomparison Project) data collection, standardization, and ESGF distribution
2) Visualization – CREATE-V – an interactive tool to visualize reanalysis in support of reanalysis intercomparison and climate change investigation.
3) Analytics – Application Program Interface (API) and Web Processing Service (WPS) data access and analytic services
4) Use Cases – The opportunity to compare multiple reanalyses supports numerous climate science use cases
Reanalysis is a comprehensive record of how weather and climate changes over time.
• Global observation and numerical model data simulation of Earth’s environmental variables.
• Reanalysis data extends over decades and covers the globe from the Earth’s surface to beyond the stratosphere.
• Reanalysis is used in climate research and in commercial/business applications in the energy, agriculture, water resources, and insurance sectors.
Source – reanalyses.org